Hello, I would like to start off by saying I have not used BetterHelp personally. I have done extensive research on them and what they are about, and I actually reached out to them to become an affiliate. The reason is that I like what the clients have said about the program and there are several reputable brands I personally trust that are affiliated with them as well. My blog is about over health, and this is a brand that associates with having a healthy mindset. Also, if anyone has ever had personal experience good, bad, or indifferent, please comment below. I want people to have as much information as possible to make an educated decision on if BetterHelp is a good fit for them. So without further ado lets begin.
What Is BetterHelp About
Better help is currently the largest online consulting program worldwide. As of July 2018 more than 4,000,000 have signed up to BetterHelp with over 2,500 counselors to choose from. BetterHelp makes consulting available anytime and anywhere. They do this through computer, tablet, or smartphone.
The counselors of BetterHelp are licensed and trained professionals. They range from psychologists (PhD / PsyD), marriage and family therapists (LMFT), clinical social workers (LCSW / LMSW), or licensed professional counselors (LPC). The all have a Master’s Degree or a Doctorate Degree in their field. They have also been qualified and certified by their state’s professional board after successfully completing the necessary education, exams, training and practice. While their experience, expertise and background vary, they all possess at least 3 years and 2,000 hours of hands-on experience. This is incredibly important to know especially since you are trusting another with your mental health.
BetterHelp Counselors Choice
After you sign up, they will match you to an available counselor who fits your objectives, preferences, and the type of issues you are dealing with. What I really like about BetterHelp is they choose which counselor works best for you. We are all individuals and we learn and process things differently. So knowing this BetterHelp will elect the Counselors who will work best for your individual needs. The best part is once they choose your counselor you still have the option to change to another. Maybe you are not connecting with the first counselor you were matched with. It is ok, because you always have the option to choose another one.
Is BetterHelp The Right Choice?
BetterHelp may be right for you if you’re looking to improve the quality of your life, and improving on your mindset. If you have something that is anything taking away from your happiness or preventing you from achieving your goals, they may be able to help.
BetterHelp is for you if you have any of these symptoms:
- All Addictions
- Chronic Impulsivity
- Educational Assessments
- Life Transitions
- Social Behavior
- Substance Abuse
- Trauma & Abuse
BetterHelp is NOT the right solution for you if any of the following is true:
- You have thoughts of hurting yourself or others
- You are a minor or you are under the care of a legal guardian
- You are in an urgent crisis or an emergency situation
- You have been diagnosed with a severe mental illness, or if you have been advised to be in psychological supervision or psychiatric care
- You were required to undergo therapy or counseling either by a court order or by any other authority
- You do not have a device that can connect to the Internet or you do not have a reliable Internet connection.
Can BetterHelp Substitute For Traditional Face To Face Therapy
With the research I have done my answer would be it depends. The cool part about BetterHelp is if you want to keep your situation more private or feel uncomfortable with face to face meetings, BetterHelps system eliminates that. The professionals who work through BetterHelp are also licensed and credentialed therapists who were certified by their state’s board to provide therapy and counseling. However, BetterHelp counselors are unable to official diagnoses, to fulfill court order or prescribed medication. It seems BetterHelp works with those who are not considered extreme cases. So if you are dealing with a mental health issue or an extreme case. BetterHelp would not be a viable option to take.
Communicating With Conselor
Just like mentioned in the beginning you need to have either a computer, tablet, or smart phone. There are four ways that you will be able to communicate with your counselor.
- Exchange Messages
- Chat Live
- Speaking Over The Phone
- Video Conferencing
The great thing about this is you get to decide which method works best for you. It is great it gives options depending on which form you are most comfortable with.
Another excellent thing about BetterHelp is how they go above and beyond to protect your privacy. This is extremely important especially in a place where you are giving personal information. You even have the option to stay completely anonymous if you would like. What BetterHelp does to protect privacy is as follows.
- You don’t need to identify yourself (see more about staying anonymous here).
- Everything you tell your counselor is protected by strict federal and state laws.
- We don’t cooperate or work with any insurance companies or employers, so nothing needs to be shared, reported or filed with them.
- You can always click the “Shred” button next to each message that you’ve sent so it will no longer show in your account.
- All the messages between you and your counselor are secured and encrypted by banking-grade 256-bit encryption.
- Our servers are hosted in an “A Grade” facility, ensuring the best-in-class security and protection.
- Our browsing encryption system (SSL) follows modern best practices and is rated A+, providing world-class online security and encryption.
- Our databases are encrypted and scrambled so they essentially become useless in the very unlikely event that they are being stolen or inappropriately used.
If you are ever interested in your information being released to a third party. Let your counselor know, and they will send you a release form to fill out and sign.
What is great about BetterHelp is the service you get is affordable. You can get a weekly plan for $35-$85 a week depending on the plan you decide on, and the best part is that comes with unlimited access to your counselor. That is awesome. Most counselor’s charge $60 or more, and that is just for one session.
I am a fan of what BetterHelp stands for. They are reputable, and have tons of testimonials that show they really know what they are doing. They also make the sign up process easy as well which is a plus.
With everything you have read only you can truly decide if BetterHelp is for you or not. Make the decision that feels best to you. I wish you luck on your journey. Always remember there is greatness in you!
If you are interested in getting started today my affiliate link is http://betterhelp.com/clifford